Sharing everything my mom taught me would take several volumes of books, but I wanted to share a few points I use on the daily:
- We have the strength to get through.
- Whatever you’re feeling right now, it’s okay to feel that way.
- Communing with nature is important.
- How to do my own laundry.
- My body is my own to control.
- I will always be loved. I will never forget when she said to me, “I will love you no matter what – you can come home pregnant, gay, with AIDs, it doesn’t matter. You can always come back home.” This was very important for me to hear. It took away a lot of my fear of failure – of which I had a good amount, and still do – and helped me to take risks later on.
Please share the wisdom your mothers passed onto you.